Race Report // WTNC at Glenlyon, May 10

3:44 PM

My third crit race of all time.
Exciting, no?
I'll be honest, my legs were feeling pretty rough. I had another weekend of riding and even spent a morning in the gym pushing around weights...my muscles were tired.
Nonetheless, I got on my bike after work, rode to Glenlyon, and lined up for the crit race.
I wasn't sure it was my best idea, but I did it.
Maybe I should have taken a day to rest?
It turned out okay.
The pace was decent and I had no trouble keeping up. Going from front to back to mid-pack all throughout the race. I had planned to move up in the last couple laps and to hold my position, but by the time we turned and headed for the last corner of the last lap and by the time the women started to pick up the pace and sprint towards the finish, my legs were DONE!
I held in and kept as much speed up as I possibly could.
Finished in 15th place, alongside all the talented, powerful, fit women.
Still with a smile on my face because, come on, crit racing is fun times!
Looking forward to next week's Glenlyon race.
#cyclelikeagirl

You Might Also Like

0 comments